With age, the condition of eyelashes deteriorates –- they lose their glow, become thinner, lose the colour and excessively fall out. How to restore their youth and beautify them? Sometimes all you need is the eyelash lift.
What is eyelash lift – the most frequently searched procedure on the Internet last year? This is not new at all, but only recently have we discovered the benefits of it. However, like every treatment, it also has some disadvantages. If you are curious what the eyelash lift exactly is and whether you should try, read on!
What is the eyelash lift?
This is a cosmetic procedure thanks to which we can quickly strengthen, darken and curl natural lashes.
The point is to minimize the need to apply false eyelashes and instead restore health and beauty of those that we naturally have.
How does the eyelash lift procedure look like?
Contrary to what the name suggests (the term ‘lift’ is usually associated with cosmetic surgery), during the procedure no scalpel is used. It is not an invasive procedure, it is painless and rather quick.
Eyelash lift is nothing but rejuvenating them with a special preparation that strengthen and nourish the lashes. It is applied to eyelashes for 15 minutes. Then they are curled on a special thin rod, after that the effect is fixed with a setting solution.
Sometimes the treatment includes also the application of henna to add more volume by darkening the eyelashes.
Eyelash lift – effects
How do eyelashes look after the eyelash lift? Above all, they are nourished, regenerated and moisturised. What’s more, we get:
- maximum curling,
- long-lasting darkening,
- flexible and full of gloss eyelashes,
- more volume.
Eyelash lift – for whom?
This a perfect procedure for women who are dissatisfied with the way their natural lashes look and, for some reason, don’t want to try eyelash extensions. It is especially recommended for the owners of straight and light, almost invisible, eyelashes. Thanks to a few simple steps you can finally get the lashes you’ve dreamed of.
Women who expect more visible results, stronger thickening ad highlighting of eyelashes, might not be happy with the end result.
The advantages of the eyelash lift
- It improves the general look of eyelashes and emphasizes them.
- The end result is immediately noticeable.
- It does not overload the eyelashes but nourishes and strengthens them.
- It prepares the hair for mascara.
The disadvantages of the eyelash lift
- The effects are not as durable as with the eyelash serum.
- The treatment takes a minimum of 40 minutes.
- The price of eyelash lift is often higher than the price of a good mascara.
- The effects are not spectacular.
What instead of the eyelash lift?
In some cases eyelash lift is a good solution. However, keep in mind that it will not thicken nor add volume to your eyelashes. If you expect durable effects and not optical illusion, reach for an eyelash serum and conditioning mascara.
- Eyelash serum will nourish, moisturise and regenerate just like eyelash lift, but it will also lengthen and stimulate new hair to grow.
- Mascara will emphasize the eyelashes by lengthening, darkening and thickening them. If it contains caring ingredients, it will also improve their vitality.