Diet for healthy hair? This is not an overstatement – every part of our body needs the right ingredients to be healthy, strong and – in many cases – simply beautiful. Hence, hair, skin and nails are not exceptions in this matter. If you really want to ‘feed’ your hair with health and beauty – care from the outside may be insufficient. It often happens that anything supplied ‘from the outside’ does not bring any results if we also don’t support it with proper diet. What kind of diet are we talking about?
In general, the situation gets better. We are becoming more and more conscious when it comes to hair care. We learn what to supply them with to make them beautiful, for example proteins for damaged hair, humectants for the dry ones, emollients to protect and strengthen the hair.
Diet & hair: how does our body make use of vitamins and minerals?
Do you know that it is easy to recognize a tired, overworked, exhausted and even sick organism by the way the hair looks? Simply by looking at its condition and appearance. If your body lacks some minerals or vitamins, your hair becomes fragile, dull and brittle, easily splits and falls out in excess, and the hair growth is hindered. Therefore, by observing your hair you can spot the problem quickly and also prevent some illnesses (cold, flu).
This is really simple: to have beautiful and healthy hair, you need to provide your body with the minimum of essential nutrients that will strengthen them. In other words – you have to eat healthy food rich in nutrients.
Diet & hair: what to eat to have healthy hair?
In general, our hair needs 4 groups of specific substances to become healthy and strong. Check what they love and what products are a valuable source of ingredients for beautiful hair.
- Amino acids and proteins – necessary for proper hair structure.
- Minerals – zinc, silicon, iron, magnesium and calcium, necessary for strengthening.
- Vitamins – A, E, C, H and a number from group B – they regenerate, prevent hair loss, regulate hair growth and give the hair shine.
Diet for beautiful hair – what to eat and where to look for nutrients?
- Nuts – contain a lot of good fatty acids, fat-soluble vitamins (among others, A, D, E); thanks to them, the hair becomes shiny and dense; which nuts at the best for your hair? Generally, it does not matter, but if you are looking for those with the highest content of good fatty acids and vitamins – choose pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts or macadamia nuts.
- Eggs – the best source of complete protein from which the hair is built, as well as vitamin A, D and B. Always provide your hair with proteins from the inside, even if you use proteins on your skin in the form of masks or conditioners. An equally valuable source of protein is poultry meat.
- Whole grain bread – the seeds have the power – they contain the most valuable nutrients with high concentration. Bread, and more precisely, the seeds contain vitamins from group B, vitamin E as well as iron, phosophorus, potassium and calcium. This combination strengthens the har, gives it density and glow.
- Beef – beef steak for hair? It is a great idea! Beef is a valuable source of iron, zinc and proteins. This means that if you regularly eat steaks, your hair will grow properly and iron will make sure there is enough amount of oxygen in the cells.
- Seeds (especially pumpkin seeds) – those tiny seeds from pumpkin, sunflower, sesame are widely used in dieting as a source of inc and micronutrients (manganese, magnesium, iron, phosphorus) and many vitamins from group B (B1, B2, B3 and B9).
- Green vegetables – broccoli, brussels sprout, lettuce and spinach are a source of calcium, that is a building block of bones which prevents the hair from falling out excessively. Also, they contain vitamins C, E, K, B1, B2, B6, and iodine, manganese and carotene which slow down the process of hair aging and contain protective UV filters.
- Pepper – is a true multivitamin for beautiful hair: one pepper contain a set of vitamins and mineral salts which should be included in the diet for hair (C, B1, PP, A, E and group B) and also preciseless protein.
- Fish – one of the most valuable sources of essential fatty acids (omega fatty acids should be supplied to the hair at every stage of hair growth so that it is strong and shiny). Not only will they regenerate, protect and improve the appearance of hair, but they will also support the processes occurring in the hair matrix.
- Legumes – you have probably heard that legumes are the basis of healthy diet; beans, lentils, cheappeas, broad beans are the most valuable source of protein, zinc and iron – ingredients which are necessary for proper hair growth and regeneration.